Posted: 9 February 2019
Application Deadline: 22 February 2019
I’m looking for an ambitious, driven, and passionate design assistant. You should be able to work quickly and accurately, accomplish tasks independently , and be constantly eager to learn. You should also be well organized, punctual, and polite.
Your primary task will be assisting with design, although there might be some occasional administrative work, writing, social media management, and art direction tasks.
This is not a comprehensive list of all the responsibilities of this role, but covers most of the day-to-day tasks required.
- Concept development, execution, and implementation
- Graphic design – everything from brand design to social media graphics
- Occasional writing, research, and/or editing
- Occasional social media management (limited to writing captions/developing content plans)
Skills & Qualifications
What is on your CV is not as important as the skills you can bring to the table. However, if you possess the following skills, you are likely to be successful in this position.
- Proven interest and skill in Graphic Design
- Good attention to detail
- Good time-management and organization
- Great interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Experience with Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Drive
- Good spoken & written English skills
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to jobs[at]nadwoasey.com. Make sure your email follows these three (3) rules:
- Include your name and phone number in the body of the email
- Attach or send a link to your portfolio. Include two or three sentences about your favourite project in your portfolio, explaining why it best represents your talents
- The subject line of your email should be “Design Assistant”
Incorrect or incomplete applications will not be considered.
This is a paid, part-time position (3 days a week, from 9am-5pm). Salary will be negotiated based on skills and qualifications. All applicants must be based in Accra or Tema, as this is not a remote/work from home position. Preferred start date – March 2019.